Two new service providers just started cleaning and greening the neighborhood sidewalks and green spaces. They’re wearing GBD vests so the neighborhood can see their assessment dollars at work.
Aim to Please Janitorial services will:
- Remove litter, garbage and trash throughout the Districts
- Sweep sidewalks, publicly accessible open spaces, including parks, plazas and streetscapes
- Remove visible graffiti:
- private property, including buildings, mail boxes, garage doors, warehouses, etc. (when requested by property owner)
- publicly accessible open spaces, including parks, plazas, and green spaces
- supplement SFPW graffiti removal from public realm areas, including street signage, telephone poles and power lines, street furniture, etc.
- report graffiti on state-owned property, including Caltrans & Caltrain rights-of-way
- Report overflowing or damaged trash cans
- Supplement San Francisco Public Works efforts to remove illegal dumping and respond to requests for trash removal from public realm areas.
- Empty GBD doggie station waste bins
Frank + Grossman Landscape Contractors will:
Provide weekly landscaping and watering services to the 12 GBD public spaces (Benches Park and IM Scott Sidewalk Gardens will have twice-weekly watering):
- Landscaping services including: weeding, pruning, weed control, edging, fertilizing.
- In parks with automatic irrigation control systems: program, check and maintain system.
- In green spaces without automatic irrigation control systems: Use existing water sources to hand water plants.
- Remove any trash and debris (on day work is performed)
- Control weeds in curbs, sidewalks and gutters
Your Green Benefit District Board: keeping our neighborhood clean and green.